The 3rd workshop “Floating Zone Technique” is taking place from 16th to 18th September 2019 at Oxford University, UK. This workshop aims to connect researchers in the field of crystal growth who use the floating zone technique and to offer a platform for discussing ongoing activities, current research results and engineering developments.
After two events 2013 and 2016 at IFW Dresden the upcoming workshop venue is the Oriel College in the heart of Oxford. The programme includes invited and contributing talks and posters providing a picture of the latest developments in the field of floating zone crystal growth and beyond, and plenty of possibilities for individual conversations.
Invited speakers in alphabetical order (confirmations received up to now):
- Ciomaga Hatnean, Monica; University of Warwick, UK
- Dabkowska, Hanna; McMaster University, CA
- Erb, Andreas; Walther-Meißner-Institut Garching, DE
- Guguschev, Christo; IKZ Berlin, DE
- Islam, Nazmul; Helmhotz Zentrum Berlin, DE
- Jin, Rongying; Louisiana State University, US
- Koohpayeh, Seyed M.; Johns Hopkins University, US
- Perry, Robin, University College London, UK
- Phelan, Adam W.; Johns Hopkins University, US
- Pomjakushina, Ekaterina; Paul Scherrer Institute, CH
- Puphal, Pascal; Paul Scherrer Institute, CH
- Sivaperumal, Uthay; Royal Holloway University London, UK
- Wilson, Stephen, University of California Santa Barbara, US
- Dharmalingam Prabhakaran, Oxford University
- Andrew Boothroyd, Oxford University
- Robert Schöndube, ScIDre GmbH, Dresden
- Paul Sass, ScIDre GmbH, Dresden
More information coming soon here.